Thursday, October 01, 2009

Walk the path of kings


Stayed at home today as on MC. Finished watching Attack no.1 in 2 days. This is a show about a vball manga and it got me tearing many times not so much of the show, but more of my personal memories in sports and also my current vball girls.

I have never finished on a winning team before so to pretend that I know the meaning or feeling of winning would simply be pretentious. However in every single game I've ever played, I know I have given my all. I really regretted not pushing myself or my teammates to the fullest when I played in tournaments. Now when I'm way past the tournament age, I truly felt panges of what could have been if we have tried harder.

The feelings of losing is never pleasant thus I could not understand why people would say its okae if you lose so long you have tried. Every defeat I went through, the sensation still stings. While time and the opportunity of the next game would go a long way in dampening the pain, it could not totally eradicate it especially if you revisit the memories from time to time.

My current vball girls are branded as no-hopers for glory. They have always floundered at tournaments and the cca is now relegated to that of a recrea cca meaning no more competitions. Despite that, they still come for trainings and go through the drills diligently. Inside some of the players, I could sense a real burning desire to excel and compete.

As I watch the serial, I draw numerous parallels between the frictional fujimi team and chr vball girls. When training resumes, I would now change the strategies of my trainings. Hopefully they would do enough over the next few months to impress the in-charge, that they are worthy to represent the school.

I will not abandon them or give up on them and I hope they are ready for the challenge. Walk the path of kings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home